Blog

Friday, February 1, 2008

Training like Crazy

I've really happy. I started making this effort to really get my game back in top form which it hasn't been in years. My priority has been being a good wife and mother, and of course, making a living and promoting pool. All the while, I have been sadder and sadder, going to each tournament unprepared. Of course, I still do well in events, but I always wonder, what if.....what if I gave these girls my real game. What if I trained like I'm supposed to? Well, time goes on and years are passing and it's time I want another baby. And I tell myself, if I have another baby, I really have no shot to be number one. It takes so much dedication to be the worlds greatest against the caliber of players we have today. And the way I am, I'll spend all my time with my babies. So, before I have another, i have to look at myself and wonder, do I really want this number one spot. Do I dare to go for it and risk failing, sacrifice the time with my family and friends and the income I would make where I would now be practicing more?
And with the support of my husband, it's a resounding YES! I just really really do love this game and I know I can play better. Well, it's been hard work. Doing drills like the old days, working on my stroke, getting all the little imperfections out. I'm going to the gym every morning, stretching, cardio, strength training, machines, free weights, eating right, and stretching again. I come home, go right to the pool room. I play 45 minutes, take a break for 15-20 minutes, play 45 minutes, take a break. I have to take breaks because my back and joints are just awful, and lately, my sciatic nerve is really hurting. I have to rest alot. During my 15 minute breaks, I run to the office and work on the computer, answering emails, looking at images, design things, approve things,etc. During my one hour break, I lay down. I'm still so excited. I love pool, and I love that I'm going for it. Stay fit, eat right, think positively and forward. I love you all out there!

4 Comments:

Blogger Williebetmore said...

GO FOR IT!!!

Talent + commitment + focused training + love for the game = Number One

Good luck with your efforts from a big fan.

February 5, 2008 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger z28flash said...

I'm really happy for you!! You are right, the talent is there, but I have watched you shoot perfect pool, but then get just a little careless...so your physical well being will lead to an improved mental aspect. Plus this year you know you have a plan, you are supported, and you can finally concentrate. The most difficult part is dedication and working through the distractions...and sounds like you have a good working plan. I wish you the greatest of luck this year...and I will be looking forward to a spectacular Viejas tournament. Just keep your confidence...always remember, you are just as good, and better, than the rest, so as Nike says, "just do it"! Enjoy this time in your life...you have time for another little one, and then you'll be happy you reached all your goals! :)

February 14, 2008 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger steve said...

hi jeanette..........you are simply amazing.....so glad you have decided to re-dedicate yourself to this great sport.....without a doubt...you can be #1...you have all the tools and are so smooth and confident when you play.......try to watch you whenever you are on t.v. please let me and all your nyc fans know when your are in town...all the best..........steve

March 4, 2008 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jeanette,
you are alread number one to me. Soon you will be to the rest of the world. I'm so glad to hear thing are going well for you. I will pray for your Continued success in all areas of your life.

God Bless,
johnny T

March 7, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home