Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Routine

So I'm just coming off stomach surgery and it feels like it's never gonna heal. This is really bothersome because alot of my motivation and strength comes from working out every day and I haven't been able to go to the gym in a while and I feel like it affects my mood and attitude.

I am starting to play pool at 6 am. Never in my life did I think I would wake up at 6 am and play pool, but at my friend Rolando's suggestion, it's a way to guarantee myself time to play pool, before the day gets on it's way and ahead of me. I thought he was crazy and I said no way for about two weeks, and then one day, I woke up and went to the pool room. It was dead quiet, I played great focused pool and so at peace, it was awesome. Of course, then I had to get John off to school and Cheyenne woke up and wanted breakfast and then my assistant showed up and we had to go over business projects and errands to run and suddenly, it was dinner time and then bedtime. If it hadn't been that morning, there wouldn't have been any at all. Hummph. I guess guys can be right once in a while. Imagine that. Hehe.

So, I think I'll try it for a while. See I can still play pool in the day or night, but the early early mornings, well, that's my quiet time. Some people meditate, some people sit on the porch drinking coffee, some people read the paper. The Black Widow plays pool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jeanette,

I did not know about your stomach surgery. I trust that God is healing you.

My best to you and George,

Tom & Teresita Metzbower

October 8, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger shorts08 said...

Hi Jeanette. I have real bad knees and when i'm unable to practice at the table, I like to sit in a quiet room and close my eyes and immagine myself at the table practing my rutines. When I'm able to physically go back to practice, my mental game is still pretty sharp. I hope your recovery is a quick one! Mike S.

January 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear the recovery is coming along. I know what you mean about the early playing. When the poolroom's completely empty and you play, it feels almost like meditating. No pressure, no worries, your entire focus is on the game and everything feels smooth and natural. Best of luck

January 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home